The protection of plant varieties in Brazil is intended to regulate the development of new plant varieties, obtained by crossings without genetic modifications.
Plant varieties are essential to agribusiness, and are protected by an Industrial Property system. The protection is done through registration before the Serviço Nacional de Proteção de Cultivares (SNPC) and the marketing allowance is obtained before the Registro Nacional de Cultivares (RNC).
The professionals of Tavares are able to assist our clients in all stages of the process of obtaining these registers before the Ministry of Agriculture, checking not only its feasibility, but also the maintenance of its rights, and the monitoring of any third party.
Our work in this field includes:
- Consultancy related to the protection rights over plant varieties in Brazil and abroad;
- Consultancy on the feasibility of plant varieties protection;
- Filing and monitoring of applications for registration of plant varieties before the Serviço Nacional de Proteção de Cultivares (SNPC);
- Filing and monitoring of applications for registration for the marketing of plant varieties before the Registro Nacional de Cultivares (RNC);
- Monitoring of plant varieties applications or registrations filed by third-parties;
- Advice on protection of plant varieties by judicial or out-of-court means.