INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AGREEMENTS
The contracts that result in technology transfer need to be recorded by the BPTO so as to allow the legitimate transfer of foreign currency abroad as payment for the negotiated technology. The recordal also allows, where appropriate, the tax deduction relating to the values paid for the use of the technology, in addition to producing effects against third parties. Among these contracts there are several categories:
- Trademark licensing agreements;
- Patent exploitation agreements;
- Know-how transfer agreements;
- Technical assistance agreements;
- Franchise agreements.
In addition to contracts that can be recorded, our team actively works in the elaboration and negotiation of other types of contracts, such as distribution contracts, copyright contracts, partnership contracts, order contracts, etc. For each situation, our team of professionals advises clients in choosing the best option in order to achieve the desired goal.
Our work in this field includes:
- Drafting of opinions on licensing, assignment and exploitation of trademarks and patents, as well as technology transfer agreements and franchises;
- Active action in the negotiation, writing, review, and registration of contracts before the BPTO;
- Total advice to clients in technology transfer negotiations and licensing or exploitation of Intellectual Property rights;
- Consultancy for the purpose of remittance of royalties abroad.